Frequently Asked Question
PDF Document Generation Issue
Last Updated 3 years ago
DescriptionIt’s impossible to generate a PDF document from a Script&Go application. An error comes up with the following HRESULT :
- 0x8002801D (TYPE_E_LIBNOTREGISTERED)
- 0x80029C4A (TYPE_E_CANTLOADLIBRARY)
- 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)
DiagnosticThe Window registry input data required for PDF export via COM Interop with the Office suite is incorrect, which prevents the applications from using COM libraries.
SolutionA Windows registry correction is necessary. The solutions described below can be tried one by one until the problem is resolved.
Repair Microsoft Office
- Repair Microsoft Office (2010, 2013 or 2016 according to the version) from the Programmes Menu and Windows functions (right click on the Microsoft Office programme -> Modify -> Repair).
- Then restart the computer and check if the problem is resolved.
Reinstall Microsoft OfficeIf the repair of Microsoft Office has not worked, reinstall the Windows repair tool to clean the previous versions of Microsoft Office :
- Download the repair tool corresponding with the version of Office installed on your computer from the official help page : Uninstall Office from a PC .It’s also possible to go from the Programme menu and Windows functions to uninstall; during this the repair tool is efficient for registry cleanup.
- Start the repair tool and uninstall all installed versions of Office.
- Restart the computer ;
- Install the desired version of Microsoft Office ;
- Restart the computer and check if the problem is corrected.
If none of the previous operations corrects the problem, it’s possible to manually correct the Windows registry. These operations are for advanced users familiar with Windows registry editing. We decline all responsibility for the use of this article. In no case can we be held responsible if your computer has a problem following registry modification.
You will find below the interface ID (IID) necessary for following operations :
- Word : 00020970-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
- Excel : 000208D5-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
- Outlook : 00062FFF-0000-0000-C000-000000000046
- Open the registry editor (regdit.exe) ;
- Navigate towards the following key (by using the corresponding Interface ID below) ;
- x64 : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\Interface\[Interface ID]\TypeLib
- x86 : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Interface\[Interface ID]\TypeLib
- Note the key value (by default): it corresponds with the TypeLib ID of the application;
- Note the value of the Version key : it corresponds with the number of the application version actually installed ;
- Navigate towards the following key (by using the Typelib ID previously used) :
- x64 : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WOW6432Node\TypeLib\[TypeLib ID]
- x86 : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\TypeLib\[TypeLib ID]
- Remove the keys that don’t correspond with the number of the previously recovered version installed.