Frequently Asked Question
Show the virtual keyboard from applications
Last Updated 3 years ago
DescriptionThe virtual keyboard does not show during a stylus click or tactile click in an application field,. To show it, you need to click on the virtual keyboard icon in the tool bar (in Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10).
DiagnosticThis is only present in in Windows 8, 8.1 and Windows 10. Windows 7 correctly shows the virtual keyboard with a stylus or tactile click in the application fields.
SolutionThis only relates to a Windows 10 tablet :
- Tap in the Settings search bar ;
- Click on Settings in the results ;
- Cross the Show the virtual keyboard option while you are in tablet mode and no keyboard is connected ;
- Next click on the Stylus tab and Windows Ink in the menu to the right and cross the option Show the manual writing window while you’re not in tablet mode and no keyboard is connected ;
- During use of the keyboard in the applications, never close the keyboard with the cross to hide it, as you have to restart the application to show it again.Instead, click in the application (except in a field) to hide it.